Internet Trash

Why "Internet Trash"? When I couldn’t remember the name of the blog I started a year ago my sweetheart said, “You just leave your Internet Trash all over the place, don’t ya?”

As for the address WITAD, well this is one of my very favourite phrases. “What Is This Arsehole Doing?”

Both seem fit to describe what I might put on this site.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Jaun Valdez has been seperated from his Donkey

I am so incredibly giddy today. It is above zero today (a balmy 8 degrees) and it is Friday. Not only is it Friday, it is one day away from Saturday. Which means it is one day away from Sunday. Sunday. THE Sunday. The day The Sopranos make their return to my digital cable box!

I don’t think that I have to explain that I love the Sopranos. It’s more than love, it’s more than obsession and it is beyond my husband’s comprehension. Hey that rhymed! Anyways, I have been trying to explain my excitement to my boss all morning. He likes The Sopranos as well but not quite as much as I do. He asked me what it is about this show the contributed to my level of insanity about it. And would I please turn down the volume on my laptop; the demure woman on the phone thought he called her the “C” word.

So why do I like this show so much? Sure, the characters are great. The dialogue is fantastic. It makes laugh at things that really I wouldn’t laugh at. It’s absurd and believable all at once. But why am I so CRAZY about it?

My favourite television shows seem so diverse; The Sopranos, Gilmore Girls, Grey’s Anatomy. What is it? I think it that I like shows that have strong theme of loyalty. And while there is always people “turnin’ government witness”, it seems to be Tony’s struggle to have the peace of mind that comes with having people in your life that you know are completely loyal to you. What happened to loyalty? We live in a society where people change jobs every few years. Most people have been married more than once or at least divorced. “Friends” of celebrities are spilling their guts to tabloids for the chance to make some money. Yet, the girl in the next office quite obviously doesn’t change her shirt each day. Families move away from each other and drift apart. They fight over wills. They fight over money; they fight over who said what to whom.

So I think that I will be tuning into the Sopranos on Sunday because I too am seeking loyalty in my life. My husband is loyal; my daughter (well if I have food in my hand) is loyal. My brother is loyal. His wife is loyal. His kids are. My aunt and uncle are. But it’s just I don’t see it ALL around me.

That and I think James Gandolfini is hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home